Mindscape is always on the look out for the best and brightest to join our team. At present we're looking for:
- Software developers
Do you have a Mindscape way of thinking?
Our mission is to build great tools for software developers. You can get a better understanding of why we started Mindscape here.
You'll need to have a strong focus on getting projects completed and learning new skills. When building for developers you need to be keeping up with what's happening in the entire developer eco-system: not just the Microsoft eco-system. If you like to keep up with what's happening, love learning new skills and want to know that you're creating empowering tools then you have the Mindscape way of thinking.
What type of coders are we looking for?
We're looking for developers who are self-starters. A passion for code that goes beyond getting the job done. You like to build products you're proud of.
While Mindscape typically crafts products for Microsoft developers that doesn't mean you need to be a .NET developer. On the contrary, we know that if you're a ninja with any development language you'll be smart enough to pick up the tools we use. The languages we use vary from C# to Ruby, F# to C++ and more but the most common language in use is C#.
We're not focused on what degree you have, or how many years of experience you may be able to demonstrate. We've found some of our best developers fresh out of University and others who have been in the industry for many many years.
Fair warning: We're very picky, we like to keep our team tight and focused so it's important that we find people who will fit in perfectly.
What sort of products you'll be working on
You'll be exposed to everything that Mindscape works on and then we'll work with you to find the product that best fits your interests and skills.
Beyond our current products we're also busy working away on secret new products and we're always exploring new ideas.
You'll be part of a wider team who will work with you to deliver quality products.
Ideally we'd love you to be able to work from our office in Wellington, New Zealand however if you've got the right skills, attitude and ability to deliver then we're open to discussing remote working options. Talent trumps location.
There's plenty of benefits to working with Mindscape. We're a profitable business that pays competitive rates. Outside of this, you'll find:
- Friday lunches are provided
- Drinks of your choice provided
- Friday drinks kicks in at 4:30 at our local bar where drinks and nibbles are covered.
- Whatever you need for your work environment: Our standard machine these days include i7 CPU, 16GB+ RAM, 27" monitors, etc
- Plenty of books on programming, game development, game theory and more. We also order every few months based on demand
- Our holiday shut down kicks off with a gift to employees. iPads, Kindles, XBoxes have been our gifts of choice in the past
- We're open to feedback. If you feel strongly that something could be improved we're always here to talk to
Some of these might not apply so well if you're working remotely in your own location. We're keen to work with those who may wish to work remotely to ensure they feel they're getting the benefits they deserve.
Do you have what it takes to join the Mindscape team? If you're ready to join us on our mission to build the most empowering development tools available then get in touch!
- A letter about why you think you'd be an awesome addition to the team
- Your CV
- A link to code you've written for fun (can be open source, or can be private -- but it can't be code you've done for work or university: If you really are passionate about coding you'll have plenty of fun side projects to demonstrate that!).
Email all of this through to firstname.lastname@example.org