Our friend Filip Ekberg has written a fantastic book for C# developers: ‘C# Smorgasbord’. It’s a great book so we thought we’d buy a bunch of copies to give out to people for trying out Raygun.
What’s great about C# Smorgasbord?
Filip states that the book is great for beginners through to advanced developers. What we like is the more advanced end of the book. There’s plenty of ‘Learn C# in 45 seconds’ style guides out there but sometimes it can be difficult to find a more meaty read. Filip delivers some great content for professional developers.
Here’s an example of some of the chapters:
- Chapter 1 covers Parallel Extensions
- Chapter 5 covers async programming with varying approaches
- Chapter 9 discusses Microsoft IL language in an easy manner and is great for embracing what’s happening under the covers of the C# compiler
- Chapter 10 looks at the Roslyn CTP, a technology we’ve covered on our blog here before
Getting yourself a copy
Now, you could go out and buy a copy right now from Amazon (it’s worth it), or you could get a free copy from us!
Here’s how to win a free copy:
- Sign up for a free trial of Raygun.
- Integrate Raygun with your software – you must be sending data into Raygun to qualify.
- Once you have errors flowing into Raygun, tweet your favourite feature of raygun with the hashtag #raygunio.
We will select the first 50 users who do this and send you out a copy of Filip’s great book. You also need to meet the terms. Speaking of which…
- Limited to 50 books
- You must complete all three steps to qualify for entry.
- You must integrate Raygun into a proper software product – no throw away or test applications just to gain entry! :-) We can see the activity of errors flowing into your Raygun account.
- The competition will run until April 20th 2013 or until all books have been won – whichever comes first.
- Mindscape reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time and void invalid entries.
- If Filip’s book is not available or cannot be shipped to you by Amazon we will provide a gift voucher of the same value.
What are you waiting for? It takes minutes to integrate Raygun, you’ll get a great book for free and your software will be rock solid for years to come thanks to Raygun helping with your error reporting!