I’m pleased to let you know that all Mindscape products have full support for Visual Studio 2013!
If you have have an active subscription you can download the latest nightly builds to get this new support. If your subscription has ended, you can renew it to obtain the latest builds.
Some products needed explicit support to work at all (e.g. Web Workbench), while others just have nice-to-have improvements like putting WPF controls into the toolbox for you.
Cripes! Weeks and weeks of updates to catch up on! Here’s what’s new in the nightly builds since the last update.
- Fix for one-to-one association join chain in LINQ Where clauses
- Added support for negated boolean expressions in LINQ Any and All
- Fixed a memory leak with compiled FindById queries
- Validation errors now provide access to the validation rule instance
- Include schema in auto-joined tables being joined by an identifier expression
- Fixed automatic date-time range validation for Oracle
- Improved support for SQL Server 2008 TIME data type
- Fixed an issue where a query with criteria on the left and a logical combination on the right could be processed incorrectly
- Fix for DeletedOn column being incorrectly aliased in update/delete queries
- Added support for deleting by LINQ query
- Added Procedure and Scale options to ProcedureParameter class
- Fix for procedure parameters of user-defined types in designer being generated into wrapper function signatures as object instead of strongly typed
- Fix for value objects not being handled correctly in batch updates
- Fixed exception if you put DiscriminatorAttribute on a root entity class
- We now raise an exception if a SQL Server stored procedure calls RAISERROR (sic: what is this, guys, Fortran?) after performing a successful SELECT (previously only errors raised before the SELECT would cause exceptions)
- Added a property for migration code to access the connection string of the database being migrated
- When a stored procedure sets an out parameter to SQL NULL, we now translate this to CLR null instead of leaving it as DBNull.Value (this fixes casting errors in strong-typed wrapper methods)
- Fix for virtual (non-mapped) discriminators not being populated on insert
- Entity- and interface-level query filtering (in progress and subject to change)
- Collapsing support for non-top-level regions
- Sass and Less Format Document command
- Fixed issue in Sass compilation if install path included non-ANSI characters
- Upgraded CoffeeScript compiler to 1.2.0
- CoffeeScript comment highlighting fixes
- Comment/uncomment block support
- Performance improvements when making many deletes from a document
- Error checking and signature help for Sass and Less built-in functions
- Continuing improvements to control themes
- Fixes for potential issues in TimeExplorer, Chart, ChartAxis and PieSeries
- Added option for rounding on lost focus in NumericTextBox
- Added ResetZoom command for charts
- MajorTickSpacing now keeps consistent tick density as user zooms
- Added PieSeries.SelectedDataPointChanged event
- Improvements to automatic bar chart width calculation
- Fixed error when changing chart highlight mode
- Fixed an issue with horizontal bar charts using categories along the Y axis
- Resolved a DataGrid issue
- Fixed foreground colours not being respected in CurrencyTextBox
- Fixed potential null reference error when changing DataGrid.ItemsSource
- Fixed some issues with chart default axes
- Added TreeLayoutAlgorithm
- Fixed null reference error in ConnectionPointThumb
- Fixed a diagram binding issue
- Fix for a bug that was stealing mouse wheel and scroll events
- Added an option to turn off infinite scrolling
- Added support for NHibernate sql-insert, sql-update and sql-delete overrides
- Added support for stored procedures and named SQL queries
SimpleDB Management Tools
- No longer need to click away from a row to ensure it is saved
As usual you can get the latest nightly builds from the Downloads page (free editions) or the store (full editions).
Make building better software your New Year’s resolution by taking advantage of our 30% sale on the Mega Pack.
For a limited time, pay only $699 and you’ll receive:
Plus, you also get:
- 12 months of new releases, nightly builds and new products!
- The best support in the business!
Imagine that – a full range of developer tools across WPF, Silverlight, Windows Phone, Data Access, Web Development and Domain Modeling for just $699!
So, save thousands of dollars by getting all your tools at once with our 30% off Mega Pack Special now.
Hurry, promotion ends 1 Feb 2012!
It’s been a busy week with a whole bunch of updates to report, so let’s dive straight into what’s new in this week’s nightly builds.
- Fixes for a couple of issues with cascading deletes into and through a class table inheritance hierarchy
- Fix for a join issue
- Backstop for when an indirect circular association could lead to a stack overflow
- Optimisation to avoid saving unmodified foreign keys when performing a partial update
- Ensure that a nullable foreign key is nulled out when the association is nulled out through a cascade delete
- Designer support for ForeignKeyFieldAttribute on one-to-one associations
- Fixed some localisation bugs in the scheduler control
- We’ve added a hook that allows you to keep the same element IDs when deserialising and re-serialising a diagram
- Added some options to simplify toolbox styling
- Added an option to the A* pathfinder to avoid parallel connection overlaps
- We’ve fixed an issue where some users were getting a “custom tool failed” error after rebooting
- Added support for functions as mixin arguments
- Added support for Sass @each loops
SimpleDB Management Tools
As usual, free editions from the downloads page, retail editions from the store, and VS2010 extensions from the Updates tab in Extension Manager.
We’ve just added a handy new feature to SimpleDB Management Tools — you can now export the data in a SimpleDB domain to a file for offline processing. It’s as simple as clicking the new Export button!
The export function respects the current filter so you can enter a SELECT statement to export a subset of your domain. At the moment we only support exporting to XML, but if you want us to add export to other formats then just drop us a line in the forum and we’ll see what we can do.
For VS2010 users, the new build is available now from the Visual Studio Gallery — just jump into Extension Manager, click the updates tab and wait for a minute while Visual Studio goes “No updates available! No updates available! No up– oh, look, here’s one!” For VS2008 users, it will be available from the Mindscape store in about 12 hours’ time. Enjoy!