Thanks for the question. What you can do is include the mixins.less as a link. This will mean your 'import' call needs a funky path, but otherwise it makes editing easier as you see the files together.
- Right click on the folder you want your shared mixin.less file to be in, click 'Add Existing Item'
- Find the mixin.less file, you'll notice a down arrow on the 'Add' button at the bottom right. Click the down arrow and click 'Add as Link' .
- The mixin.less file will now appear in the project structure with a small shortcut icon on it.
This way the mixin file is shared between projects but is actually still one file on disk.
A few notes:
- Your import, even if your less file sits next to it in the tree, will need to be like @import "../../ProjectItActuallyIsIn/mixin.less"; (or whatever relative path to the file calling the import)
- The Web Workbench settings are per project. This means if you turn off compilation, for example, in one project then it won't compile that mixin.less file. But if compilation is turned on in another project it will still compile. The settings are stored per project, not per file. It's probably nothing to concern yourself with at the moment but I wanted to just make it clear where the settings for the less compiler sit.
I hope that helps Steve.